Helene MORIZUR is an experienced French clinical psychologist, an Accredited Certified Coach in Canada, and a cross-cultural trainer.
Deeply engaged in self-reflection, in learning and sharing, Helene strives to empower individuals and groups. She is dedicated to learning, reflecting, and sharing her knowledge and experiences in a positive and pragmatic way.
As a clinical psychologist, Helene has worked with diverse client groups: people struggling with life issues, severe addictions, major disabilities, gender diversity and mental health issues. This has given her the ability to connect and to empathize with ease, building trust even in the most difficult situations.
Her instructional experience includes more than 15 years of workshop design and facilitation in France and abroad, in health and educational sectors. Creating tools, adapting knowledge to her clients’ needs and delivering customized workshops are high priorities for Helene.
Her deep cross-cultural interest derives not only from formal education in intercultural studies but also from life experiences.
Since 1998 Helene has lived in six different countries (Malaysia, Hong-Kong, Mexico, France, Latvia, Canada) while working and raising three children. She has overcome many challenges herself: embracing new cultures, finding jobs, solving parenting issues and adapting constantly to changing circumstances, to name only a few.
Settled in Vancouver 4 years ago, she completed the Organizational Coaching certificate from the University of British Columbia to take a next step in her career.
Being a coach was a way for Helene to gather her multi-disciplinary approach and former professional experiences to provide unique services that combine deep understanding, thorough reflection and practical actions to support her clients' needs.
Helene founded Fourpoints Coaching to provide coaching services to individuals, teams and groups.
In addition to her role as Principal with Fourpoints Coaching, Helene Morizur is an associate coach with Coaching@UBC who delivers individual coaching sessions for the staff of the University of British Columbia, and is a parent support coach at the Canadian Mental Health Association.
"Learning formally boosts my brain, pushes me out of my comfort zone, re-frames my experiences, supports my self-reflection and opens doors"
My education and certification
- Clinical Psychologist registered in France (ADELI French directory #269301354)
- B.A., M.A. in Clinical Psychology, University of Paris V, France
- M.A. in Art-Therapy and Pedagogy, University of Paris V, France
- Coach, Certified in Organizational Coaching, University of British Columbia, Canada
- ACC, Accredited Certified Coach from ICF, International Coach federation
"Continuing learning is my commitment and my joy"
My most recent professional development
- Building Self-Esteem and Resilience for Women, UBC (2013)
- Courageous Conversations for Leaders, UBC (2013)
- Group Leadership and Team Dynamics, UBC (2014)
- Strategies for Effective Intercultural Communication, UBC (2014)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy, UBC (2013)
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, UBC (2013)
- Assertiveness Training 1 and 2, UBC (2015)
- A Coach approach for enhanced facilitation, UBC, (2015)
- Planning for success in International Assignments, UBC, (2015)
"Being a member gives me a sense of belonging and contributing"
- Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Member of Reseau-Femmes B.C. Canada
- Member of Reso-Sante B.C. (promotes French-language health services)